St Michael & All Angels, Brighton

S. Michael and All Angels is our sister church within a united Benefice, created on 1 December 2011.Father Robert Fayers, having had previous pastoral care of S. Paulís, was made Priest-in-Charge in November 2006, and became the first Vicar of the new Benefice.The boundaries of the parishes are contiguous. The Trustees of the Society for the Maintenance of the Faith are the sole patrons of the Living.

 

There are much older links, too, for Father Charles Beanlands, the first Perpetual Curate of S. Michaelís, served as Assistant Curate under Father Arthur Wagner for some eleven years.It would have been at S. Paulís that he met George Bodley, a member of the congregation and sometime churchwarden, who designed the first S. Michaelís which was opened in 1862.††

 

Both churches were at the forefront of the Anglo-Catholic Movement in the 19th century and continue so today.

 

S. Michael and All Angels

 

 

 

X X X

 

 

Back to top